Students can customize their driving lessons by taking only the lessons they feel they need. Please be advised that Lesson #1 is mandatory to establish the level of the students driving ability, i.e. parallel parking, high-speed passing, and merging. Lessons are $70.00 per hour.
The six hours of driving is broken into four lessons. Students pay by lesson and are scheduled according to the student’s progress. Total for all six hours = $420.00
Students will receive a certificate from the Bmarc School of Driving which can be used for insurance discounts.
- Vehicle controls, push-pull steering, hand-over-hand steering, backing procedures using mirrors, introduction to parallel parking = 1 hour.
- High-speed driving, which may include state routes, turnpikes, interstates, lane changing, passing vehicles, merging on and off exits, rural driving and sign recognition = 2 hours.
- Parallel parking = 1 hour.
- Mock driving exam – Students can choose between Belle Vernon, Bridgeville or Washington testing sites. Students will practice the testing course and park in the parallel parking areas at the DMV facility where they plan to test. Parents are welcome to bring their car to the exam site to practice, and the instructor will demonstrate the parallel parking reference points = 2 hours.
- End-of-Course Skills Test (EOCST) is available to high school students currently enrolled in a school district contracted with the Bmarc School of Driving.* The actual driving exam is administered during the sixth hour of their driving lessons at no additional charge. The course consists of a pre-approved route in their school district. Students are not required to parallel park for the EOCST. Upon passing the driving exam, the instructor will stamp the student’s permit allowing him/her to drive on the roadways. The student will receive a camera card within four to six weeks of passing their test.
*Qualifying students must also have completed the 30 hours of Driver’s Theory on-line prior to testing. Online Drivers Theory Course = $125
Students can choose to have a driving instructor take them to the DMV for their driver's exam (students must complete all six lessons to be able to use the driver education vehicle for their exam.
Drivers Exam @ DMV: $150.00
Drivers Exam Re-Test @ DMV: $130.00
For an extensive six hour behind-the-wheel driving course outline, browse specific lessons below: